This policy applies to information held about customers, suppliers and other contacts held by The Clock Clinic. By ‘information,’ we mean personal information about you that we collect, use and store.
In this policy, “we,” “us,” and “our” means The Clock Clinic Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with No 1079215 and “you” means the individual to whom the information relates.
Information about you that we collect
We collect information about you: i) when you visit us in the shop and have a clock / watch / barometer repaired or you purchase a clock / watch / barometer; and ii) at fairs and exhibitions. The information we collect from you is:
- your name;
- your contact information such as your address, email address and telephone number;
- contact information about you that you give us in person at exhibitions and fairs;
- information in relation to your repair or purchase of clocks, watches and barometers.
How we collect information about you
You may give us your information by visiting us in our shop, speaking to us on the phone sending us an email or visiting us at exhibitions and fairs.
Legal basis for processing
Our processing of your personal information is necessary (i) for the purposes of legitimate interests by us; (ii) in order to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject; and (iii) for the performance of any repair or purchase contracts to which you will be a party to.
In relation to any processing of special categories of personal data, we will generally rely on obtaining specific consent from you at the time unless there is otherwise a legal requirement for us to process such information.
Where our processing is based on the legitimate interest grounds described above, those legitimate interests are:
- collecting personal information to provide you with a smooth and efficient client experience;
- running our business;
- to make sure you receive updated information on your repair or purchase;
- to provide the services you have requested; and
- to update you with marketing communications (only if you have consented to receive marketing communications)
How we use your information
We use your information to:
- carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us;
- communicate with you about a repair or purchase;
- comply with legal and regulatory obligations;
- keep you informed about Clock Clinic news including our clocks, watches and barometers as well as exhibitions and fairs we are attending. We will only communicate with you on this basis if we have your consent to receive marketing communications from us.
We do not share your information with third parties
We will never sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
Your surname may be shared with trusted contractors carrying out a repair but no other piece of contact information will be shared.
At any time, you have the right:
- to request access to, or a copy of, any personal data which we hold about you;
- to the rectification of your personal data, if you consider that the information we are holding is inaccurate;
- to ask us to erase your personal data, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it;
- to ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages as described below in the marketing section;
Any request from you for access to or a copy of your personal data must be in writing and we will endeavour to respond within a reasonable period and in any event within one month in compliance with data protection legislation. We will comply with our legal obligations as regards your rights as a data subject.
We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at all times. To assist us in ensuring that your information is up to date, do let us know if any of your personal details change at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have consented to receive marketing communications, we may use your personal information to send you information about our clocks, watches and barometers as well as invitations to exhibitions and fairs. You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any email we send you.
You also have the option of “unsubscribing” from our mailing list at any time thereby disabling any further marketing communications from being sent to you, by emailing email@example.com
We will action any opt out request from you without delay.
How long will we keep your information?
We will keep the information we collect about you as required to comply with legal obligations to which we are subject, for a period of seven years. This will involve us periodically reviewing our files to check that information is accurate, up-to-date and still required.
Where we are permitted to send you direct marketing communications we will retain your contact information necessary for this purpose, for as long as you do not unsubscribe from receiving the same from us. If you opt out from marketing, we will retain your information to enable us to respect your wishes to not be contacted for marketing purposes.
Security and storage of your information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any concerns about our use of your information, you also have the right (as a UK resident) to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which regulates and supervises the use of personal data in the UK, via their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
Changes to this policy
Any changes we make to our policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail.
This policy was last updated on 20 May 2018